500g of pork belly cut into bite size
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
6 cloves of small onion finely chopped
11/2 tablespoons of fish sauce
11/2 tablespoons of soya sauce
1 tablespoons of black soya sauce
2 cloves of finely chopped spring onion
A dash of grounded black pepper
2 star anise
1 tablespoons of palm sugar (gula Melaka)
1 young coconut water
4 boiled eggs
1 glass of water
1) Marinate porks with all the ingredients except young coconut water and boiled eggs. Leave to rest for 3 hours or over night.
2) Heat pot with cooking oil in high heat. Sauteed marinated pork for 3 minutes.
3) Add water and let it boil before turn the heat to low.
4) Let it simmer for 1 hours or until meat is tender.
5) Add young coconut water and boiled eggs. Continue to simmer for another half an hour or when the eggs is well favoured with the broth. Serve hot with rice.
The dish is so good that I have two plates of rice....It's different ascompared with our Chinese braised pork which I think is due to the fish sauce in this dish...Definitely will cook this again...Yummy...