Sunday, December 3, 2006

Crab and Mussels Soup















I have been wanting to try cooking flower crab for a long time. Then, when I went shopping in the supermarket and came across this rather large flower crabs. Plus also I have a recipe that I can try out. As usual, I have change the recipe a bit to suit our taste.
Ingredients (Serve 2)
1 flower crab cleaned and chopped into 2
2 hairy gourd (节瓜)peel and cut into smaller pieces
handful of dry prawn
6 Mussels
1 garlic flatten and chopped
2 spoons of shaoxing wine
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking oil
2 bowls of water

Method
1) Heat the cooking oil and sauteed the garlic and dry prawns until fragrant.
2) Add in hairy gourd and stir fry until soften.
3) Pour in water and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
4) Add crabs and mussels into soup and boil for further 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Add shaoxing wine and remove from heat. Serve hot.















This photo was taken by using the colour accent function. I did not know camera has this function too until K try it. Nice?

No comments: