Another version of stewed pork belly...equally delicious...even my girl can't wait to get her hand on to it....
The share market is down down and down and the weather is wet almost everyday....so this dish is definetely my comfort food today....
500g mini pork belly
20 cloves of garlic peeled
2 tablespoon of sugar
3 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
3 tablespoon of light soya sauce
2 clover of star anise
3 cups of water
1. Cook pork in boiling water for 5 minutes, discard the water and wash the pork with cold water. discard the cold water as well. Put aside.
2. In a separate pot, dissolve sugar in medium heat and wait for sugar to caramelised.
3. The caramelised sugar will harden once water is added. Just scrap off the harden sugar to melt into the water.
4. Add garlic, pork belly light soya sauce, star anise and dark soya sauce and allow water to boil in high heat.
5. Turn to low heat and let it simmer for 1 o 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add more water if the liquid is getting too dry.
6. Turn off heat. Serve hot with rice.