500g pork belly cut into cubes
20 cloves of garlic peeled
2 tablespoon of sugar
3 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
3 cups of water
1. Cook pork in boiling water for 5 minutes, discard the water and wash the pork with cold water. discard the cold water as well. Put aside.
2. In a separate pot, dissolve sugar in medium heat and wait for sugar to caramelised.
3. The caramelised sugar will harden once water is added. Just scrap off the harden sugar to melt into the water.
4. Add garlic, pork belly and dark soya sauce and allow water to boil in high heat.
5. Turn to medium heat and let it simmer for 1 o 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add more water if the liquid is getting too dry.
6. Turn off heat. Serve hot with rice.
So simple yet so yummy.....too bad cannot eat it too often...