6 red dates 红枣
6 black dates 黑枣
3 honey dates 蜜枣
A hand full of dried longans (this is is imported from Thailand)
Sugar to taste ( I am using brown sugar for aroma and colour)
8 glass of water
1) Rinse all the dates and dried longans.
2) Bring water to boil in pot.
3) Add all the dates in and reduce the fire to medium. let it boil for half an hour.
4) Add dried longans and continue for another 10 minutes.
5) Add sugar to taste. The dates have sweetness to its so be careful on the sugar you add.
6) Allow to simmer in low heat for another 5 minutes.
7) Can be serve while hot for elderly or cold.
I have read it in the magazine that dates are high in iron and calcium and a deterrent to high blood pressure and cholesterol. That why I followed the recipe provided. Except that I add dried longans for that extra flavour.
This is a great afternoon beverages for the old and the young. Great as an alternative drink besides tea and coffee.