1/2 Chicken cut into smaller pieces
4 potatoes peeled and cut into smaller pieces
1 carrot peeled and cut into smaller pieces
1 1/2 tablespoon of soya bean paste or "Tau cho"
1/2 tablespoon black soya sauce
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
sugar to taste ( I used brown sugar for a deeper colour and aroma)
One clove of garlic peeled and minced
A dash of Chinese wine
1) Heat oil in pot and add garlic to sauteed.
2) Add chicken to pot and stir fry in high heat until browned. Add Chinese wine and continue to saute the chicken for about 1 minute.
3) Add soya bean paste, potato and carrot and continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
4) Add water which is just enough to cover the chicken and let it come to boil before turn the fire to low.
5) Let the simmer for 20 minutes before adding sugar for taste. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
6) Serve with white rice or bread.