Got this clay pot for half the price at one of the closing down sale.
1 big clove of garlic
300g of soft bone pork (you can use any cut of pork like spare ribs)
8 cloves of dried mushroom soaked until soft
1 packet of sweet young corn
1 packet of straw mushroom
Asparagus cut into short strips
Soya sauce to taste
Water-enough to cover the meat
1. Add 3 bowl of water and clove of garlic in clay pot at low heat.
2. Boil water in another pot. Put in pork once water is boiled. Let it boil for 3 minutes.
3. Pour water in pot and soak pork in cold water for a short while and pour water away.
4. Transfer pork together with mushroom to clay pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add young corn, asparagus and straw mushroom and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Add soya sauce to taste. Serve hot with rice.
This is a great dish for those who don't like the herb taste of Bak Ku Teh (肉 骨茶). The broth is light and has the sweetness of the vegetables and meat.